What are Advance Directives?

Durable Power of Attorney: A document that gives an agent authority to act for you regarding financial decisions even if you should become incapacitated.

Health Care Power of Attorney: A document that gives an agent authority to act for you regarding health care decisions even if you should become incapacitated.

Health Care Surrogate: The person you designate to make health care decisions for you if you should become incapacitated.

Living Will: Your witnessed declaration of your instructionregarding life prolonging procedures.

Preneed Guardianship Designation (Adult): A document that names who you would want to serve as your guardian if you should become incapacitated and do not have and/or do not want a durable power of attorney or health care surrogate.

Preneed Guardianship Designation for Parents of Minor Children:  A document done by the parent(s) of minor children that names who they would want to serve as guardian for their minor children if they should both die or become incapacitated.

What is Estate Planning?

Wills:  A document that identifies who  you would like to inherit from you and the nature and amount of the property you wish them to inherit.

Living Trusts: A document you create to which you transfer title of some or all of your assets.  The document provides for you during your lifetime.  Upon your death the property may pass to others without the necessity of probate.

Probate:  The process of proving a will.  Requires court involvement which makes it expensive and time consuming.  Many people try to avoid probate.

Trust Administration:  The process of managing the assets of another.  Generally occurs after the death of the creator of the trust and involves the distribution of the remaining assets in the trust.  This may avoid probate.


7777 Glades Road
Suite #100
Boca Raton, Florida 33434

Follow Me

What is Long-Term Care Planning?

Veterans Benefits:  There are programs available through the Veterans Administration for Veterans and spouses that may assist with the costs of long-term care.  As an attorney accredited by the Veterans Administration, I can help guide you through eligibility and the application process.

Medicaid Benefits: The federal government in conjunction with the State of Florida has programs that may assist with providing long-term care services as well as with the costs of long-term care.  We counsel on eligibility for these programs as well as the entire application process.

EVERY PERSON in Florida over the age of 18 should consider a durable power of attorney and health care advance directive.  You cannot assume your spouse, sibling, or parent can assist you in your time of need.  Written documents describing your wishes are the best and most economical way to protect yourself and your family.  Our clients include newlyweds, parents of minor children, young adults leaving for college, baby boomers who are helping their own aging parents, new Florida residents that want to update their documents and seniors who are concerned about being a  burden to their children.